To empower is to enable, to give power and authority. It is vesting power where it does not exist or exists inadequately. Empowerment of women involves equipping women to be economically independent and self-reliant; to have positive situations and to participate in developmental activities and in the process of decision making. It is to awaken the hidden talents, nurture in the capabilities and build self confidence, with which a woman can make a difference in her life and that of her family. Women’s Empowerment is vital to sustainable development and the realization of human rights for all.
KDS has been involved in this process through its support to Women’s Self Help Groups in capacity building and income generation activities as well as awareness programmes on issues such as health, legal matters and availability of welfare schemes.
We are actively involved with 8 SHGs is Gadag and 35 in Dharwad (Karnataka); 100 in Ratnagiri and 80 in Sindhudurg (Maharashtra); 18 in North Goa and 36 in South Goa.
- Inauguration of Disha Mahila Bachat Gat Incense Sticks Making Unit
- Inauguration of Panchashil Mahila Bachat Gat Incense Sticks Making Unit
- W.E through SHGs: Finance and Market Linkage Training(Sandipani)
- W.E through SHGs: Finance and Market Linkage Training(Osargaon)
- W.E through SHGs: Incense Sticks and Masala Production Training
- W.E through SHGs: Hard brooms, Liquid Soap and Phenyl Production Training
- W.E through SHGs: Vermi Composting Production Training
- W.E through SHGs: Food Products Production Training
- W.E through SHGs: Incense Sticks Production Training
- W.E through SHGs: Hard brooms and Doormats Production Training